For the love of goat cheese!

  I'm back!! I've been home now for about two weeks and it has been so nice to appreciate the little things you miss while out of the country. Honestly, and not surprisingly I really missed my kitchen and cooking! While we ate fantastic food in France sometimes you just want to be in your kitchen enjoying a home cooked meal. My husband and cat were so ecstatic to have me back. I will be posting some France travel journals soon and last weekend my husband and I took a short weekend trip to lovely Portland. Stay tune....

So while I was in France I ate alot of Chevre (goat cheese). I never did get sick of eating it ALL THE TIME! There's just something about goat cheese in France that is a little different. It's like the butter there: I cannot pin point it but all I know is that it's delish! I want to try to re-create some of the meals I had there and have been putting together a menu list of some things to make. For now, here is a quick salad you can throw together on a weeknight that is healthy but feels like a treat because of that creamy goat cheese. The polenta croutons brown beautifully and add great flavor to greens.  Bon Appetit!


Pecan-Crusted Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
*adapted from Health Magazine


Ingredients

  • 1 tube polenta in tube, cut into 3 (1/2-inch-thick) slices
  • Cooking spray
  • 4 ounces goat cheese
  • 2 tablespoon chopped pecans
  • 4 tablespoons pomegranate juice
  • 2 teaspoon olive oil
  • 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 6 cups fresh spinach
  • 1 cup shredded carrot

Preparation

1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray polenta slices with cooking spray. Add to pan, and cook 5 minutes. Turn slices, and cook 5 minutes until golden brown.
2. Shape goat cheese into a patty; coat with chopped pecans.
3. Combine juice, oil, and mustard in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
4. Arrange spinach and carrot on a plate. Top with polenta, pecan-crusted goat cheese, and dressing.

The polenta croutons 

Comments

Popular Posts