Foodbuzz Festival Day #2, San Francisco




 Okay, this is a week late (it was a busy week back to work-teaching dance to 2nd graders every morning and rehearsing a new work in the afternoon+working/performing this Sunday) but I wanted to show you guys more of my wonderful experience in San Francisco at the Foodbuzz Festival!




Foodbuzz Festival 2011, Day 2


After a restful night at The Harbor Court Hotel, my mom and I walked over coffee in hand, (Kimpton Hotels always have coffee in the lobby!) to find the Federated Media Building, which is home to Foodbuzz. It's a really cool headquarters and looks like it would be an interesting place to work. The day started out with different sessions for which we had pre-registered. Foodbuzz knows how to throw a festival. They said there would be a continental breakfast served and I wish I would have taken pictures (next year) because it was actually really yummy stuff (varied yogurts, breads, egg dishes, coffee....I should have eaten more!) The sessions began with a panel discussion featuring some wonderful top food bloggers:

Kath, Sarah, Joy, Tracy, Jessica 

 It was so fun to see these bloggers, especially two of them, (Kath & Sarah) whose blogs I already read. They had some great advice to give and as a newbie to this, I learned a lot!

Notes in hand: Ready to learn!


Next was session #1 which for me was, The DSLR-Free Zone: Taking Gawk-worthy Photos w/ Lo-Tech equipment led by these bloggers:

Greg, Chuck, and Angi (Don't you love the girl's hair on the left of the photo! 
That's Karen's cool sock bun!) I miss my long hair :(. 


Session #2 was Effective Social Networking with:

      Irvin and Stella.They were pretty funny together.  Let's just say I learned alot and I've been Tweeting a lot more and have also joined Pinterest (Help me!!)

My mom met me at the Federated Media Building when we were done and then we headed over to the Ferry Building and the Saturday Farmer's Market. OMG it was beautiful!!!

The Bay Bridge

A dancer in San Francisco :)

Oh how I miss the Ocean in Utah!



There it is....a dangerous place....in a good way!

Persimmons!!



After my drooling experience at the farmer's market and Ferry Building we headed to the City View at the Metreon for the Taste Pavilion. We were able to invite a guest to this (thanks Foodbuzz!) event so my mom got to attend too. 



The Taste Pavilion was a foodies paradise, with 60+ food and beverage providers sharing their products with us. We thoroughly enjoyed all of the vendors but these were some of my favorites:

Mission Minis (me+cupcakes = happy)
21st Amendment Brewery                              
Alaska Seafood                                              
479 Popcorn                                                  
California Walnut Council                          
Alexia                                                            
Frog Hollow Farm                                         
Girl & the Fig                                             
Mission Minis                                                
Sabra        
Bloom Gin                
California Endive               
Cascal   
Ticings           


I bought a six pack of the IPA to bring home for Jake!


Ticings 


Meera from CORE Foods! A company started by an Alaskan I went to High School with!! Delicious and a great concept....I need to order some!


Alexia had a huge set up there with samples, giveaways, and Tyler Florence....who I somehow missed :(


My mom and I loved this gin but didn't get around to buying some to take back with us! Anyone want to send me a bottle...you can't buy it here in Utah.



Me with all the great info and samples from the tasting pavilion!
It was time for a nap!


After a walk back to the hotel, there was time for a short nap before it was time to get ready for the Gala Dinner at The Grand Hyatt.


The evening started out with a cocktail reception. 


Followed by a live cooking demonstration with Tyler Florence!

I tweeted Sarah ( yes, I have become a tweeter!) to find her in the crowd!

I also met Portland blogger Anna......my arm looks huge in this pic.....


I was so excited to meet Teri of A Foodie Stays Fit! I've been reading her blog for awhile and she's from Utah originally! It's so nice to meet bloggers in real life especially when they are actually nice and real! Plus, I love how we both have our hands on our hips!


Butternut Squash Risotto Bites and Vegetable Samosas



Mr. Tyler Florence cooking up pork chops!

The ballroom
Bibb Lettuce Salad / Honey Roasted Pears /  
Glazed Pecans / Bleu Cheese Vinaigrette 

Brandt Beef Farms Filet Mignon / Meyer Lemon Roasted Prawns /  
Heirloom Carrots / Celery Root Purée / Peppercorn Demi 

San Francisco Trio - Sourdough Bread Pudding /  
Cowgirl Creamery Cheesecake / Scharffen Berger Chocolate Mousse 

Back in the hotel......stuffed and tired! Goodnight San Francisco!







Thank you Foodbuzz for a wonderful 2nd day! You are the best!

Comments

  1. My hair got its own shout-out!! How exciting. It was really cool to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your recap- you did such a better job with the photos than I did!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, so fun to see what you did when I was hiking around the city. I will have to share my Farmer's Market photos with you. I ate too much at the tasting event to take any pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh so nice meeting you at the festival! Love the picture of us too. I am so impressed you made some pizza already too! I was eyeing that recipe as well. Come visit PDX soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was SO great to meet you!!! And I love that picture of us! So cute! Love our hands on hips too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading A Dancer In The Ktichen! Let me know what you are thinking or love to eat!

Popular Posts