A Recipe For Life

(Source)

I haven't done a TILT (Things I'm Loving Thursday) in a long time and there are lot's of things I've been loving/enjoying lately. One thing is a forwarded email that I received in 2009 from my mom, printed out and have been saving since then. I've been looking on the Internet recently to try to find the author of this email but have had no luck. I printed this out because at the time I wanted to read it everyday as a reminder on how to live my life. Unfortunately, it got put in a pile and forgotten about until last weekend when I was going through some boxes. It couldn't have been a more perfect time to have found this. I actually have been reading this in the morning as a reminder to work on a lot of things on the list. One of my favorites is #7. I can let myself so easily be caught up in issues of the past, gossip, energy vampires and what I like to call toxic people. I need to let those things go and put my energy in the present moment. Life is too short not too. I think it's only human to at times get caught up in these things but it's so healthy to be aware of what you have done and try to change the way you live. So here instead of a food recipe is a recipe that hopefully will help you feel refreshed and empowered in your own life!


Recipe for Life



1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day.  And while you walk, smile.  It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.  Talk to Higher Self, Universe,God or  Creator about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, ‘My purpose is to__________ today.  I am thankful for______________’
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water.  Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli , almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.  Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a
college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don’t take yourself so seriously.  No one else does.
12.  You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
14. Don’t compare your life to others.  You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words:  ’In five years, will this matter?’
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD/Higher Self, Universe or your Creator heals everything  - but you have to ask Him.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick.  Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time.  You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for__________.  Today I accomplished_________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings.
You’ll be smiling before you know it.

Hope your week is going swell and if you live in Utah come and see Ririe Woodbury's performance of Kaleidoscope at the Capitol Theatre:


You can get a family of five tickets for only $45!! That's a great deal for a show at the Capitol Theatre! 

We have performed for over 4,000 something children over the last two days. They get to come see our show on field trips for free because of generous donations to our company. I hope some of the kids who saw the show will be inspired to dance in the future or at least attend other arts events!

You can buy tickets here: (Click on the ad)



CIAO,

BETSY

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I'm so looking forward to the show. Merde!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading A Dancer In The Ktichen! Let me know what you are thinking or love to eat!

Popular Posts