An Anniversary....



 Time really does fly by......


 photo 244c2f08-8c0e-4f9c-a21d-4285b2605808_zpsc6cdd3ff.jpg



Five years ago on this day May 31, 2008, I had one of the best days of my life. I married my best friend and we've had so many experiences (both good and bad/hard) since then and since we met 12 years ago. We had a beautiful small wedding in Salt Lake City and it was such a fun day of laughter, tears, family, friends, food, and dancing. 


 photo 54f857f1-bd38-4f1f-b4cb-c02ed1bbfcbc_zps9ff9cd3c.jpg



I feel like the wedding industry has gotten so out of hand these days. I'm sure once I have kids I'll realize it's the same way with the baby market too. There are so many things marketed to you that you don't need. In my opinion the wedding day is truly about one thing: celebrating the love and commitment that the couple is making to each other. The day should be a celebration about the couple surrounded by those in their lives that support them the most. It's just one day. Marriage is not an easy thing, hence one of the reasons why there is such a high number of divorces that occur. It's hard work and most average couples have to worry about so many things when they get married: financial stability, day-day responsibilities, fulfilling jobs, health and fitness. While those worries can be very stressful, those struggles also help to make you stronger as a couple because you have to work together (if you choose) to make those things happen. 




 photo 2e2ec054-6cdd-4b81-89fd-347e351ec54a_zps71ebd9db.jpg


For you learn that truly one of the best things in life is to be loved by someone, and for you to love them back with your whole heart. Happy 5 year Anniversary Jake!

Comments

  1. Beautifully stated. It was a most amazing day. Your journey together will only get better. Enjoy each moment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading A Dancer In The Ktichen! Let me know what you are thinking or love to eat!

Popular Posts