Chocolate Olive Oil Cake....It has been too long!!!!



Wow, I cannot even begin to say how it has been too long since I have blogged! I actually really missed blogging. I probably have no more followers left so if there is anyone who is still  following, thank you!

A lot has happened since I last blogged. I'll get to that in a moment but first a recipe, a really tasty recipe! I made this last weekend for dessert when we had my parents over. I had clipped this recipe out of Health magazine years ago and finally got around to making it. It's perfect because it is not too rich but has a wonderful chocolate and almond pudding consistency. I used all almond flour in my recipe, which is expensive but worth it! If you make it let me know what you think! Note: not the best picture but it was the last piece left and I wanted to make sure I took a quick photo before it was all gone :)




Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup regular olive oil, plus more for greasing cake pan
  • 6 tablespoons good-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup boiling water
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups almond meal or 3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 cup superfine sugar
  • large eggs

Preparation


1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9-inch springform cake pan with a little oil and line base of pan with parchment paper.

2. Sift cocoa powder into a bowl and whisk in boiling water until you have a smooth, chocolaty, still runny (but only just) paste. Whisk in vanilla extract and set aside to let cool.
3. In a small bowl, combine almond meal (or flour) with baking soda and a pinch of salt.
4. Put sugar, olive oil and eggs into bowl of a freestanding mixer with a paddle attachment (or use other bowl and whisk). Beat vigorously until mixture is pale-primrose, aerated, thickened and creamy, about 3 minutes.
5. Turn down mixer speed a little and beat in cocoa mixture. Slowly add almond-meal mixture.
6. Turn off mixer. Scrape down sides of bowl and stir a little with a spatula. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake until sides of cake are set and very center, on top, still looks slightly damp, 40 to 45 minutes. A cake tester should come up mainly clean but with a few sticky chocolate crumbs clinging to it.
7. Let cake cool in its pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Ease sides of cake with a small metal spatula and spring cake out of pan. Leave to cool completely or serve warm with ice cream.
Recipe by Nigella Lawson from Health Magazine
































Comments

Popular Posts