37 Weeks + Tortellini Caprese Skewers and Almond Raspberry Lemonade










I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going by!! This week, marks 37 which just seems crazy! We had a fun baby shower a few weeks ago and it included these wonderful cupcakes from a local shop called Icing on the Cupcake! 


We had gourmet cheese platters, olives, wraps, Greek pasta salad, watermelon mint salad, tortellini caprese bites, and almond raspberry lemonade! It was quite the gourmet spread, which my husband and I loved!




My dad carved the watermelon buggy and my mom did such a great job of organizing everything from the games to the prizes that everyone got to take home (they included everything from beer to organic soap!). My in-laws flew in from Arizona, as well as a great family friend from Alaska. My 90 year old Grandma drove up too with my Aunt and can I just say I hope I look as vibrant as she does when I'm her age!




My Grandma got Baby Wilberg this adorable Llama and book!


For the shower, I made the caprese skewers and the lemonade and here are the recipes if you are looking for really easy ideas to make for a party:

Almond Raspberry Lemonade

Serves: 4  

Ingredients

1 quart chilled Lemonade (I used the Costco Organic brand)
1/2 cup chilled almond syrup (like the Torani brand)
1/2 cup raspberries 

Preparation

In a pitcher, simply stir all of the ingredients together!  
note: I doubled this recipe since it was for a party. I put less almond syrup so it wasn't too sweet. I also muddled the raspberries slightly so they would come out of the beverage dispenser when poured. 


Recipe source: Sunset Magazine



Tortellini Caprese Bites



Ingredients

  • (9-oz.) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
  • 3 cups halved grape tomatoes
  • (8-oz.) containers fresh small mozzarella cheese balls  (I couldn't find the balls so I just used sliced mozzarella cut into quarters) 
  • 60 (6-inch) wooden skewers (These were hard to find! I used some bamboo picks from World Market. After the party we found the 6-inch skewers at a local hardware store.)
  • Basil Vinaigrette:
  • 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar  (I used regular balsamic)
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 
  • 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

Preparation

  1. 1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water.
  2. 2. Thread 1 tomato half, 1 cheese ball, another tomato half, and 1 tortellini onto each skewer. Place skewers in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour Basil Vinaigrette over skewers, turning to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours. Transfer skewers to a serving platter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Discard any remaining vinaigrette.

Recipe Source: http://www.myrecipes.com/


We are getting so excited to meet this little one soon! 



Comments

Popular Posts